How to keep putting out good content...

Labels:

This is really hard for all of us. We all want to come back to websites again and again that make us laugh, make us think, or even the ones that make us angry. But finding a way to be the person who writes these type of blog posts is a very difficult task. Here is one way I have begun doing it.

I use Google Toolbar. All the time. One of the features of the toolbar is that you can click it and see what you searched for the last 20 times or so. I find that good blog posts tend to answer good questions. By looking at my own search entries, I am reminded of the questions I have been asking for the last few hours, few days, or few weeks. If I am asking these questions, than other people are probably asking them as well.

Then, I need to decide whether I think I have something to offer as the "authority" on the subject, or if I want to write a post culminating my findings to the question I have been asking all week. The reality is, I very rarely feel like I can speak as the "authority" on any subject. The result is, I write posts like this one. Posts that are influenced by articles like this one, or this one, or this one, and especially articles written by this guy.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment