how to remove auto "read more" function from blogger template

Labels:

I have found that many of the free templates I start with when designing a blogger site have the "feature" of showing every post with a "read more" option. In many situations, I do not want to use this feature. However, I have also found it very difficult to remove. Perhaps this can be of help to you.

This method will not work with every blogger template. But this tutorial will help you to remove auto read more feature from many templates you can download from free sites.

Before doing this change,I highly recommend to backup your blogger template first.

Login to your Blogger Dashboard --> Design --> Edit HTML.

Click on "Expand Widget Templates".

Now use the Edit --> Find function from your browser, and search for code within your template that looks like this




If you cannot find that exact matching code, search for some portion of it. What I find to get me in the right area, is searching for "createSummaryAndThumb" this gets me in the vicinity of what I need to look for.

After that, it becomes a trial and error exercise. If you do have the entire code from above, simply replace it with the following code


If not, begin reading through the code looking for the beginning and ending parameters surrounding the "createSummaryAndThumb" with a little luck, and some time, you will delete out the necessary code. You will know you have it right, when you can click "Save Template" with an error message. Be sure to examine your site afterwards for random peices of code you may have missed.

Good luck!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment